- No weapons of any type are permitted in the 59th District Court facilities, unless that person is an authorized employee of the court, a sworn peace officer on duty, DNR officer, MSP Motor Carrier officer or an employee of the Michigan Department of Corrections while on duty and transporting prisoners.
- All persons and parcels are subject to a search for weapons and restricted items as a condition of entry. Persons violating this order may be held in contempt of court.
- This prohibition applies to those individuals who possess a concealed weapons permit.
Cell Phones / Electronic Devices:
- Cell phones are permitted in the court building and may be used generally in the court lobby. Read more
- Cell phones may not be used to photograph or take video of any other individual within the court building. Read more
- Cell phones must be turned off or fully silenced in the COURTROOM. Read more
- Persons in violation of this order may be held in contempt of court, including confiscation of the device, incarceration, and penal fines. MCR 8.115(C)
Food and beverages are not permitted in the courtroom.
Court Officers authorized to conduct evictions and seizures of property: Garth Sewers, Jose Ontiveros (JACO Civil Process)