59th District Court Probation Mission Statement
With the recognition that all probationers have the ability to change it is our mission, with support of the community, to help probationers move to making positive changes in their thinking, attitude, and behavior. This will be accomplished by supervision in the community, using established partnerships, the enforcement of Court Orders, and targeted sanctions.
Guiding Principles and Values:
- Importance of the individual and belief that people can change.
- Offenders shall be held responsible and accountable for their behavior and decisions.
- Society has a right to be protected from persons who cause harm to people or property.
- Innovative case management techniques and partnerships with the community.
- Intervention in an offender's life should be the appropriate amount needed to protect society, promote law-abiding behavior, and foster positive change in attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors.
- Supporting the rights of victims.
- Ethical conduct: We believe in and exemplify ethical and professional behavior in our interactions with others. We strive to recognize the unique and special needs of each person and are sensitive to cultural diversity.